While some may think of small machines to be largely inconvenient due to their inability to wash a big load at once, for others, they cater to their needs perfectly.
A smaller appliance is likely to come in particularly handy if you live alone or need to wash small or delicate loads, and despite their small size, some can hold decent loads.
Finding the perfect small washing machine can be a little difficult. However, we have browsed the market selecting our top five picks of the best products available.
If you still feel a little unsure of the features and factors that make small washing machines stand out from their competitors, we have included a buyers guide below containing our top tips for choosing the best product.
Are you in a hurry? If you don't have the time to continue reading, we have selected our top picks for you below.
Top 5 Best Small Washing Machine
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
With raving star reviews, the KUPPET Compact Twin Tub Portable Mini Washing Machine is a great choice for individuals looking for a large capacity washing machine in a compact size.
This machine is capable of holding medium to light loads with an 18bs capacity wash cycle and an 8ibs spin cycle. It may be smaller in size, but it can wash an impressive amount of clothes at once. It is ideal for those who are restricted on space or simply don't want their machine being a stand out feature in their home.
With a built-in pump and lengthy drainage hose, the dirty water will continuously drain through the washing machine, so the dirty water used for cleaning your clothes isn’t going to build up inside the machine.
Using this machine should be a relatively straightforward process as each of the controls are clearly labeled; you can opt for the washer or dryer settings using the control dials. The first dial allows you to alter the wash timer, the second is the wash selector where you can choose the wash needed for your clothes, and the final dial displays the spin settings.
- As a compact washing machine, it can easily fit into tight spaces and can even be taken with you on the go.
- Courtesy of the visible display the machine is easy to use.
- To use this machine, you simply need to load your washing, fill with water, and select your setting.
- Thanks to the two different color options, you can choose the color that fits into the aesthetic of your home environment.
- Not only does this machine have a section for washing your clothes, but it also has a separate section for spinning your clothes.
- After a few washes, the drain function is prone to struggling with draining all of the water.
The Giantex Mini Washing Machine comes with two individual compartments and it is portable should you find yourself needing to transport it to other locations. The washing compartment can hold loads weighing up to 11ibs, and once they have finished the cycle, you can then use the separated spin function which dries them at a faster pace. If necessary you may even opt to spin them twice for maximum effect.
Impressively, you don't have to wait a long time for this machine to run its cycle either. It can be a little inconvenient having to wait for long periods for the cycle to finish, however this machine completes a wash cycle in 15 minutes, with the spin cycle only taking a further 5 minutes.
Courtesy of its compact and lightweight design, it is easy to transport to different areas of your home if needed and unlike larger machines, you are not restricted to housing them in one specific place.
Thanks to the clearly indicated settings, this washing machine is pretty easy to use. Both the spin and wash cycle settings are clearly identifiable via the dials so you don't have to stress yourself out by trying to figure out the functions behind a complex washing machine.
- This is an eco-friendly washing machine as it uses less detergent and water which is going to save you money in the long run.
- Courtesy of its compact and portable size you are not restricted to space and it can even be used inside an RV or dorm.
- It has a large capacity to wash all of your clothes at once.
- Assembling this washing machine is relatively simple and isn't likely to consume lots of your time.
- Each of the dials indicates the settings and functions for each compartment taking the stress out of a confusing process.
- On occasions, this machine is prone to leaking so it is necessary to be cautious of this issue should it happen to yours at any point.
Another great option if you are looking for a washing machine with the twin tub function is this Costway Washing Machine.
The twin tub design comes in handy for those looking for a washing machine with a separate spin function and both sides can be operated at the same time. This is useful If you have lots of washing to get through as both functions can operate alongside one another.
Impressively, this washing machine may be small in size but it does not disappoint when it comes to capacity as it can hold a 12ibs wash load and an 8ibs spin load. It's pretty powerful too, the washing machine uses 260 watts of power while the spinner uses 140 watts of power.
You may require the use of the wash and spin functions at different times hence why the timers have individual settings. You can set the timer depending on the volume of clothes that you need to wash.
Impressively, this smaller machine consumes a minimal amount of time to complete a cycle. The wash cycle takes only 15 minutes and the spin cycle only takes 5 minutes.
If you often find yourself on the go and need your machine to accompany you then it's lightweight and portable size is going to come in handy. Not only can it be used inside the home, but it can also fit inside small dorms, RVs and motorhomes, etc.
- An easy to use machine that features different settings for the wash and spin functions if you find yourself needing these at different times.
- As a lightweight washing machine, it can easily be transported between locations if necessary.
- It has a spacious capacity for washing a decent load at once.
- Thankfully, this machine is easy to set up which saves you the hassle of trying to configure the settings of an overly complex machine.
- Retailing at a relatively affordable price, this is a practical choice for individuals on a budget.
- As the spin basket holds a smaller load than the wash basket you may need to do a few spin cycles to make your way through all of the clothes that have been washed.
One of the perks of opting for a small washing machine is its convenient portability. The hOmelabs Portable Washing Machine combines a compact size with performance.
Measuring 0.9 cubic feet and weighing 44.1 pounds, this washer can easily be transported to different locations if needed, this is made easier by the addition of two wheels at the rear of the machine which allows you to push it if you don't fancy lifting the machine. Despite being a small machine not only does it wash your clothes but it offers a choice of spin and rinse cycles too.
Although it doesn’t have the largest of capacities, thanks to its 6-pound capacity it is ideal if you are only likely to be washing small loads or delicate clothes that you don’t want to wash in a larger machine.
Additionally, you can choose from 5 different programs depending on the contents of the wash that you are doing. Choose from a heavy wash cycle, a gentle wash cycle, a rapid wash cycle, or the soak function. There are a further three water levels that you can choose from too.
Using this machine is a relatively straight forward process thanks to its user-friendly design. Each of the functions and settings can be seen via the LED display which is also a touchscreen control panel. This gives you full control to opt for the settings needed for washing your clothes.
- Courtesy of its smaller size, this machine is an ideal choice for those looking for something suitable for the home and camping, RVs, and dorms too.
- Thanks to the touchscreen display, this machine is easy to use.
- This is an energy-efficient machine using only 200 watts of power and producing a small volume of noise too.
- While this may be a small machine it doesn't compromise on performance and offers an impressive 5 different cycles to choose from.
- Assembling and setting up the washer is relatively easy and is unlikely to be a stressful process.
- When compared to its competitors, this machine is a little pricey and may not be an ideal option for those who are on a budget.
The Superdeal Compact Washing Machine combines a small size with an affordable price. If you are on a budget and only have a restricted amount of space available, this could be an ideal choice for you.
With a twin tub design, this machine has a 5.5ib wash capacity along with a 4.4ib spin capacity. As a multi-functioning machine, it allows you to work your way through small loads of washing with ease.
Once the wash cycle has finished cleaning your clothes, they can then be placed inside the spinner for fast drying, what's better is that both functions can run alongside each other.
If you do have a limited amount of time available, you will be pleased to know that each cycle operates at a fast pace. The washing cycle takes only 15 minutes and the spin cycle takes 5 minutes. Additionally, there are two rinse cycles that you can choose from to achieve the very best results with each load of washing.
The dials allow you to identify and select each setting easily for a user-friendly experience. The machine features separate setting dials for the washer and spinner allowing for simple operation.
- Retailing within a relatively affordable price range, this is an ideal choice for individuals who are on a budget.
- Constructed with a high-density plastic body and an aluminum pump, this machine has been durably built to see you through many uses.
- As a lightweight machine, it can easily be transported to wherever it is needed.
- Thanks to the drainage tube, you can easily drain the dirty and unwanted water.
- The spinner is pretty powerful ensuring that your clothes are almost dry when the cycle has finished.
- On occasions, the washer is prone to leaking and this may sometimes spread to the spinner bin.
Best Small Washing Machine Buying Guide
Before purchasing your small washing machine there are several factors that you will need to consider to ensure that you select the best product that is going to cater to your needs.
While a small washing machine may not satisfy the needs of all individuals, there are many benefits that come as part of investing in a machine of this kind, from the reduced consumption of space to the cheaper costs.
We have listed some of these factors below that will help you select the best small washing machine for your money.
The Load Capacity
Different washing machines will have different load capacities, some being capable of washing heavier loads than others. Of course, it is unrealistic to expect a machine of a smaller build to be able to hold the same amount as a larger or standard-sized washing machine as they are mainly intended for use in smaller living spaces or smaller washes.
You will also find different styles of washing machines. Some will have a twin tub design which is handy as one side washes, rinses, or soaks your clothes while the other side functions as a spinner which removes a considerable amount of moisture from your clothes reducing the time that they take to dry.
The Build Quality
Your washing machine is likely to be used on a regular basis. Whether this is to do multiple washes throughout the day or multiple washes throughout the week, over their lifetime they are still going to be subject to pretty regular use. For this reason, it is important to opt for a small washing machine that is made using robust and durable materials that aren't going to become easily damaged after a few uses. Just because they are smaller in size, this doesn't mean that your washing machine has to lack the quality that you would find in larger machines.
Even the smallest of machines can seem a little complicated to use. For this reason, it is important to choose a small washing machine that you are going to find easy to use. The control panel ideally should be clear enough for you to see the functions and navigate your way through the settings.
This tends to be a decider for many regarding the product that they choose. As they are smaller in size, this style of washing machine is a little more affordable for those who are on tighter budgets.
It is important to ensure that you don't compromise on the performance or quality of your machine for the price. We have aimed to include a variety in our guide above that retail at varying price points to show you what is available on the market.
Just like most products of this kind you will find that the majority of washing machines come with a warranty which means that you are covered if anything should happen to go wrong with your machine from the time that you purchase it.
It is advisable to invest in a machine that is covered with a warranty. Some may have longer warranties than others and this is largely dependent on the brand that you invest in for your washing machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size is the smallest washing machine?
Some of the smallest washing machines can have a depth measuring as small as 44 to 60cm with the capacity to wash 5 or 6kg loads at once.
Therefore if you do not want a larger machine and think that this size is going to cater to your needs there are plenty of choices available on the market.
Do smaller Washing Machines last?
Many models of washing machines are capable of washing many loads before deteriorating in quality and just due to their smaller size it doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to deteriorate at a faster pace than a larger washing machine.
Of course, if you adhere to the specifications of your washing machine and don't overload it then it is likely to last for a decent amount of time before requiring replacement. You will find some manufacturers that suggest that their washing machines will last up to an impressive 7-8 years.
However, it is important to note that this doesn't necessarily apply to all brands and may differ slightly.